IIMK Kochi Campus is a Centre of Management for professional development that hosts executive education programmes and facilitates collaboration with the industry through research and consultancy. EPGP at IIMK-Kochi Campus is tailored as a unique two-year, face-to-face programme for working executives. The programme is particularly suited for entrepreneurs and executives who wish to enhance their general managerial and strategic perspectives and advance in their careers.
EPGP at IIMK-Kochi campus has been designed in such a way that entrepreneurs and executives can engage in an intense learning process while concurrently balancing their occupations. Contents and pedagogy aim at building competencies, and preparing participants for responding effectively to a rapidly changing global environment. The programme seeks to enable participants to add value to themselves and to their organizations. The first year of the programme consists of four quarters of about 380 hours of instruction, and will include compulsory foundational courses. The second-year comprises four quarters of about 360 hours of instruction, which will include electives courses, Business Plan Proposal Project, and Capstone Simulation.
Immersion Module in the Main Campus: Immersion modules are conducted in-campus at lIM-Kozhikode Campus, once in each year of the programme with full-day class sessions, typically of one week duration.
On successful completion of the EPGP and securing the requisite grades, the participants would be awarded the Post-Graduate Degree of ‘Master of Business Administration' (MBA).
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Focus on General Management : Curriculum of the programme is suitable for executives, who are experienced in various functional domains, and seeking to broaden their general managerial perspectives.
- Convenient format: Enabling executives to pursue managerial education with classes held on Weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday) and weekends (Saturday & Sunday), which may aid them in maintaining Work-Life Balance.
- Internationally recognized MBA: Global recognition from AMBA, UK as equivalent to Executive MBA.
- Innovative Pedagogy & Experienced Faculty: Application-oriented pedagogy including case studies, simulation and workshops, to facilitate the feel of real-life situations for participants and for the development of effective decision-making skills. Classes and workshops will be interactive and handled by renowned IIMK Faculty and other external/industry experts.
- Experienced and diverse pool of participants’: Opportunity for rich peer-learning and networking on account of the participants typically comprising entrepreneurs and executives engaged in diverse functions, and drawn from across various industries and organizations.
- Alumni status of IIMK: Opportunity to be the part of the 6000+ alumni network of IIMK with access to entrepreneurs and executives, at various levels across the globe.
- IIMK LIVE: Opportunity for taking up business incubator as part of IIMK Laboratory for Innovation, Venturing and Entrepreneurship (IIMK LIVE), sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. Ref: https://www.iimklive.org/.
- Provision for taking a break: Flexibility for taking a temporary break from the programme on account of any unforeseen events and re-joining (subject to rules and conditions)
- Career Guidance Cell: IIMK Kochi will provide EPGP participants access to a newly formed Career Guidance Cell. This cell aims to provide advisory support to students in terms of broad career guidance, general assistance for appropriate CV positioning/preparation. It will also facilitate career-related conversations with experts/specialists.